View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 26 Jan 2021 22:28
You are visiting from

Forum rules

NOTICE: Access to use the complete VCRAI forum requires registration to the site.To view Vintage & Classic Rifles / Pistols / Tips / Classic Militaria and any other new subject matter added at some later stage, you must be a fully signed up member. Posts and Comments can be transferred or deleted! All welcome.

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
REMINDER CALL FOR DUNCANNON ON THE 5TH AND 6TH OF JUNE 10. 
Site Admin

Post Re: REMINDER CALL FOR DUNCANNON ON THE 5TH AND 6TH OF JUNE 10.
Oh my God and I thought only the shooting sport was like this, No wonder the world is F**ked.

My experience of clubs and associations has been similar, begrudging, back stabbing, liars and the likes, usually people who have done nothing, don't get involved, complain all the time and when all the work is done want to sit at the top table.

It makes me sick to think that people will go on like this and still say they are involved in a SPORT,HOBBY,PASTIME.!

Sikamick

________________________________________________________________________________

Sweeney, for those who may not be familiar with his programmed, deliberately sets out to provoke – he is reputed to have said that “There are three rules in journalism. First, find a crocodile. Two, poke it in the eye with a stick. Three, stand back and report what happens next."

Begrudgery, they say is a national trait and you can expect every successful business, group, committee, association to have its detractors. Individuals with their own agenda driving wedges, engineering ‘hissy-fits’ and deliberately presenting ‘off-the-cuffs’ remarks after a few drinks as ‘you insulted our group’, with the deliberate intention of creating ‘splits’. It takes strong leadership to maintain a military re-enactment group’s cohesion in these circumstances and not allow the “little Napoleons” take over.

Finally, our thanks Paul, you are always welcome in the Rebel County. With your help the Duncannon event is now established as the 'jewel-in-the-crown' of Irish re-enactment for all historical periods.

07 May 2010 17:00

Hey Guy's I want to say thank you to all of you who are coming along and I will see you there and those that have vintage/classic rifles - please bring them along as part of the exhibition. shooter/mick

08 May 2010 10:42
Site Admin

To anyone travelling to Duncannon
There is a dinner on Sunday Evening and a Bar B Que on Sunday Night.
The only thing you need is your own utensils (knife, fork spoon ,plate etc) and be feed for free!
Sound good to me

John

18 May 2010 14:53

Hi Guy's. There is an addition to this. As well as being fed on the Sunday - everyone will also be fed on the saturday which will be a nice stew - so the organisers have suggested mess tins and the Sunday meal will be a chicken curry and then the BBQ around 9.30pm . Those attending I need numbers A.S.A.P. You will all need your own mug - plate - mess tin - knife - fork and spoons. shooter/mick

19 May 2010 22:28

Anyone planning on camping in Duncannon this weekend and havent got a tent, Halfords on the Belgard Rd are doing good deals on tents half price,The camping shop beside Millets of Mary St have two man tents for sale only 19.99.

02 Jun 2010 16:17

hawkeye wrote:
Anyone planning on camping in Duncannon this weekend and havent got a tent, Halfords on the Belgard Rd are doing good deals on tents half price,The camping shop beside Millets of Mary St have two man tents for sale only 19.99.

2 man tent my stones .... not that i had a chance to sleep in my tent after i put it up but i did give her a test run..... my too man was really designed for 2 kids ... i had to lie diagional across the thing to get a bit of room hahaa

08 Jun 2010 12:53

gunhappy_ie wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

2 man tent my stones .... not that i had a chance to sleep in my tent after i put it up but i did give her a test run..... my too man was really designed for 2 kids ... i had to lie diagional across the thing to get a bit of room hahaa

You dident even stay in the tent,you went MIA we had to put out an APP for you those red heads are a killer lol :lol: :lol:

08 Jun 2010 13:10

0oh... I went deep behind (between and in front of as well) enemy lines to pop a few caps alright haha but some 1 had to put in a recce for next year !

08 Jun 2010 13:59

gunhappy_ie wrote:
0oh... I went deep behind (between and in front of as well) enemy lines to pop a few caps alright haha but some 1 had to put in a recce for next year !

put in a recce for next year
Lets hope you dident put in a bun in the oven for the next 9 months as they say {He who dips his wick must pay for the oil} :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

08 Jun 2010 23:51
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2