View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 26 Jan 2021 21:02
You are visiting from

Forum rules

NOTICE: Access to use the complete VCRAI forum requires registration to the site.To view Vintage & Classic Rifles / Pistols / Tips / Classic Militaria and any other new subject matter added at some later stage, you must be a fully signed up member. Posts and Comments can be transferred or deleted! All welcome.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
The War and Peace show. 

Post Re: WWI-WWII JACKETS & UNIFORMS.
Just in case any one is interested. Two excellent events coming up in England.
21-25 July. The War and Peace show, Hop Farm ,Paddock Wood, Kent. Mainly WW2 to modern plus lots of military vehicles. The stalls take 6 hours to walk round.
All of August bank holiday. Military Odessy. Kent County Show Ground. Not many vehicles. Romans to American Civil War, WW2 to about 1970's. Good if you enjoy living history and antiques.
Both of these events have web sites.

06 May 2010 21:22
Site Admin

Post Re: WWI-WWII JACKETS & UNIFORMS.
If you are interested in miliaria on the grand scale these are two shows to see.

The War and Peace show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMFS5Tattg4
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa8b84 ... 009_travel
http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/Table/ ... -Day-1944/

http://www.military-odyssey.com/

07 May 2010 19:52

Post Re: The War and Peace show.
I anticipate being at the War and Peace Show eta 09.30.hrs on Friday 23/7/10.
Open invite, all welcome. Dave S is going with me.
It's also my 50th birthday on the Saturday if any one wants a beer . :mrgreen:

19 Jul 2010 19:22
Site Admin

Lester we have a competition on the 25th in Kerry, so I wont be able to get to the show.

Happy Birthday and best wishes in advance.

Sikamick

19 Jul 2010 20:03

Many thanks for the birthday wishes. Have fun on the 25th. I will enjoy reading the posts about the competions etc.

20 Jul 2010 17:31
Site Admin

Quote:
It's also my 50th birthday on the Saturday if any one wants a beer .

So how was your 50th Lester.... still in one piece? :D

27 Jul 2010 14:57

W&P show on the Friday. Did not want to go home!( see my other post in reenactment).
Saturday,my birthday, did my house jobs and running around on the motorbike, got a few presents from friends.Dad bought me a good bottle of Scotch whisky. (Unopened at the moment).
Sunday out for lunch with my motorcycling mates. One restores old Army DR bikes. Did about 150 miles on my BMW R1200R. Nice to actually get some free time to go motorcycling. Returned to High Beech tea stall and met up with Dave S, Who bought me an ice lolly!
Monday at work, got hauled infront of the S/O. To explain the goings on in the team I run. This went on for about an hour. When I left the bosses office. My desk had been done up with decorations. Approx 2 foot X 3 foot birthday cake with my name on. Two bottles of champagne!
Photos and speech and got given a big card. Then I got dragged to the local Chinese resaraunt for three hours! We finished the cake 1500hrs this afternoon. It was so big!
Not bad, a 50th celebration over four days. Had to stay sober because of all the driving.
All being well my old School chum Robin is taking me out for a beer next Friday!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

27 Jul 2010 19:11
Site Admin

Lester get yourself over here and we'll give you lots of "Ol, ceol, agus craic!" or in the Queens English, Drink, Music and Fun for your Birthday.

Your Friend Sikamick.

28 Jul 2010 19:40

Please save me a drop of that fine whiskey you fed me at Bisley. It makes me sleep!

29 Jul 2010 15:18
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]