View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 26 Jan 2021 22:28
You are visiting from

Forum rules

NOTICE: Access to use the complete VCRAI forum requires registration to the site.To view Vintage & Classic Rifles / Pistols / Tips / Classic Militaria and any other new subject matter added at some later stage, you must be a fully signed up member. Posts and Comments can be transferred or deleted! All welcome.

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post New Member
Hi guy's thanks for accepting me as a member , I met Mick down at the Military Show in Duncannon.
I was very impressed with the guns he had and all the knowledge he shared with us about their history. I know nothing about guns but have always wanted to learn. I asked so many questions I think Mick was sick of them! I've been to Duncannon before, and would end up chatting with the many Airsoft teams down there.

I have to say I was so taken by the vintage guns that Mick showed me this year, I knew I was holding a piece of living history in my hands and I haven't stopped thinking about it really. I was wondering what thoughts were going through the soldiers minds when they held those guns all those years ago. Anyway I'm going to have a look around the website now and get used to the rules for posting etc., as I've never been on a forum before. My username is probably familiar to Mick..! the Russian female sniper he told me about, I've since been reading up on her and noticed I am missing the 'y' from her name! I wonder if there is someway I can correct that error ? it's driving me crazy as I'm a divil for details, it's the sniper in me! ;)

I noticed something posted on The War and Peace Show in the UK this July, so I'm going to check that out now.

Regards, Ludmila/Teresa

15 Jun 2010 18:29

Post Re: New Member
I am getting a group together to visit the War and Peace show in Kent. Friday 23/07/10.
Open invitation to any one who wants to go. It's my 50th birthday on the Saturday.
You get to see the Hop Farm and all the Military re enactors. Tanks and all sorts.
With a posting name of Ludmila. Look at the Russian Mosin Nagants first. Militaria is a big subject!
Good first post.

15 Jun 2010 19:00
Site Admin

Quote[Ludmila] I wonder if there is someway I can correct that error ? it's driving me crazy as I'm a divil for details, it's the sniper in me!

Lyudmila, Sorted and welcome to the site.

Sikamick

15 Jun 2010 19:32

Thanks LesterH , I'm off to check out all I can on the gun(s) you suggested.
Sickamick thank you , that 'y' meant so much to me! I feel better now :D

Regards , Lyudmila/Teresa

15 Jun 2010 20:09

Quote:
Regards, Ludmila/Teresa,
well hello girls, anytime regards benny :P

16 Jun 2010 10:03

Backstop Benny wrote:
Quote:
Regards, Ludmila/Teresa,
well hello girls, anytime regards benny :P

You off already Benny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Take no heed of him Lyudmila he is a sucker for pretty women and welcome to the site ;) ;) ;)

16 Jun 2010 11:54

watch out is all I will say :D ... I came across the VCRAI more of less by accident , 1 trip to the midlands a few shots and I was hooked . a few hundred euro later I got my own SR and try to get out as much as possible to use it ..

enjoy .
Dar

16 Jun 2010 12:31

Hi there guy's and thanks for the welcome..and the advice Hawkeye...! Benny I do like your photo , I'd use one myself only the 90x90 pixels and 6 kib limit is proving difficult for me..any tips on that are welcome too.

Darirl I know, don't talk..I got roped into joining a skirmish next week, my first time ..and I rang a supplier to get the price of a starter gun...I'm still in shock... paying for a piece of history is one thing , but a piece of plastic :shock: I have to learn to shoot so to hell with it, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy one !! ..oh but it's all very exciting ..and yes guy's I know this is the Vintage forum..but I'm working my way up to a mosin nagent..I'll just wreck a few plastic's first..! :D

Lyudmila

16 Jun 2010 14:45

Welcome to the VCRAI Lyudmila you seem to have caught the classic rifle bug, its just like a box of pringles once you started you cant stop, just one word of advice if i may before you buy a full bore classic rifle get used to shooting a .22 rifle first, nearly everybody starts off rifle shooting with a .22 , first and most important thing to learn is how to handle the gun safely. When you have mastered a .22 rifle you can then change to a foll bore classic rifle of your choice. SNIPE.

16 Jun 2010 16:00

Quote:
Benny I do like your photo , I'd use one myself only the 90x90 pixels and 6 kib limit is proving difficult for me..any tips on that are welcome too.

i get excited all the time, i dont mind if you dont, ;) if you know what i mean. 90x90 is a bit big. i stick mine in paint and in image and stretched/skewed. stretch about 60% x 60% about right, benny.

16 Jun 2010 17:01
Site Admin

Backstop Benny wrote:
Quote:
Benny I do like your photo , I'd use one myself only the 90x90 pixels and 6 kib limit is proving difficult for me..any tips on that are welcome too.

i get excited all the time, i dont mind if you dont, ;) if you know what i mean. 90x90 is a bit big. i stick mine in paint and in image and stretched/skewed. stretch about 60% x 60% about right, benny.

Benny do we have to get the rule book again?
Lyudmila please ignore Benny he hasn't got past his 12th birthday even if he is 66ish.

Welcome to the site

John

16 Jun 2010 18:09

Luydmila, these chaps give good advice. However once use to the .22. Ignore the joys of the Lee Enfield. Get a 1944 Mosin Nagant Carbine. You can always give the chaps a gentle prod with the bayonet if they won't let you have any ammo! :mrgreen:
Try www,2ndguards.com For most things Red Army.

16 Jun 2010 19:08
Site Admin

kavanjoh wrote:
Backstop Benny wrote:
Quote:

Benny do we have to get the rule book again?
Lyudmila please ignore Benny he hasn't got past his 12th birthday even if he is 66ish.

Welcome to the site

John

Benny I have read your pm. Lyudmila is not one of the guys taking the mick. She is real / female poster. ;)

Picture reduced in size of Lyudmila Pavlichenko.
Attachment:
Lyudmila Pavlichenko -.jpg
Lyudmila Pavlichenko -.jpg [ 1.79 KiB | Viewed 13435 times ]

Original size.
Attachment:
Lyudmila Pavlichenko, original size.jpg
Lyudmila Pavlichenko, original size.jpg [ 2.43 KiB | Viewed 13435 times ]

16 Jun 2010 19:41

Hello lyudmila - It's Mick. You are welcome to our site and no you did not wreck my head with all the questions as that is what I was there for and yes I do remember you having a particular interest in My Mosin Nagant and the history behind it and also my special lady - Lyudmila. We have already spoken on facebook and you can ask me any questions you like there as well as on this site. Your's in sport. shooter/mick.

16 Jun 2010 20:00
Site Admin

Benny as kavanjoh has said Lyudmila is a lady we met at the Show in Duncannon.

Benny you have spent to much time in the trenches, I think you should have your Coco and have a rest.

You sly old devil I bet you new she was a lady all the time. :lol:

Sikamick

16 Jun 2010 21:22

Sikamick wrote:
Benny as kavanjoh has said Lyudmila is a lady we met at the Show in Duncannon.

Benny you have spent to much time in the trenches, I think you should have your Coco and have a rest.

You sly old devil I bet you new she was a lady all the time. :lol:

Sikamick

Benny is an old charmer Sikamick,but i think if Lyudmila gets him in her sights he might get the sharp end of cold steel up him
he doesn't like cold steel.

17 Jun 2010 00:59

Backstop Benny wrote:
Quote:

Attachment:
File comment: WELL HELLO BENNY I SEE YOU FINELY WENT TO THE CLINIC AND GOT THE JOB DONE,YOU STILL TALKING WITH A DEEP VOICE,IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
61.jpg
61.jpg [ 2.04 KiB | Viewed 13418 times ]

17 Jun 2010 01:09

Hi there guy's,
I'm enjoying all the posts so far lot's of advice. I'm taking notes and there has been no dinner in the house since my visit to Duncannon :lol: himself will be sent off to the chipper again tonight.!

Snipe I will now concentrate my research on .22's no point running before I can walk ,I've only ever held a gun at the show, never fired one. Should I expect a lot of recoil with a rifle like that? I mean is it powerful? I'm at the stage where I need to learn how to hold and aim correctly also about loading and re-loading , safety catches etc. What does .22 stand for? and is there any links to where I could find out what all the various 'numbers' mean such as the number '45' in the Colt 45..Oh I can hear ye all laughing ..but think of me as a learner driver..all eager to go but can't tell the gearbox from the steering wheel..I figure this is the best place to get my lessons :D

Carbine, thanks for the website link..will check it out, I have no real knowledge of Russian history but find myself drawn to it for some reason, I've always had an interest in it and I have to make a start on studying it more. Yes a mosin nagent , think it's my destiny..I even love the name.. ;)

Hawkeye /John...your a star to post those pics of Lyudmila..I've used the little one and now I'm very happy with my profile! Don't worry about Benny...I have a naughty streak myself..just keeping a lid on it as it's early days yet... :D perhaps you should throw me a copy of that rule book you gave to Benny :lol:

Hi Benny..your new pic is ..interesting..! but I much prefer your previous one ;)

so guy's what is your favourite gun/pistol ? what did you start off with? how long are you shooting? how often do you shoot? what do you shoot? answers in your own good time if you have time...I pop on every day or every other day so look forward to hearing from you all..Oh and LesterH..thanks so much for info on War and Peace Show..you're very good, and Mick only for you I wouldn't be having all this fun.. :P

Lyudmila

17 Jun 2010 11:56

Dear Lyudmila,
First air pistol, a 1976 .22 BSA Scorpion. My mate still shoots with it.Only one rebuild.
Current air rifle .22 Air Arms Pro Sport.
First deactivated rifle, a Russian built 1951 SKS rifle. Mint and never fired. Plywood stock.

Favourite D/A gun. The only one to have. The 1943 Canadian Inglis Mark II Bren Gun! Heavyest, most accurate and longest barreled Bren gun made.

Attachments:
File comment: SKS is the top rifle.
Mosin Nagant 1944 Carbine is bottom, ( This one is built in 1944).

DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG [ 998.77 KiB | Viewed 13409 times ]
File comment: Bren Gun MkII
DSC_0090.JPG
DSC_0090.JPG [ 853.63 KiB | Viewed 13409 times ]
17 Jun 2010 21:14

walther lp53, ppk, ppk/s, p5, p99,w2000, just about right.. size...uh, for me that is. i'm aware of my shortcomings :D

Attachment:
walther ppk.jpg
walther ppk.jpg [ 1.96 KiB | Viewed 13407 times ]

17 Jun 2010 21:44
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next