View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 15 Dec 2019 09:57
You are visiting from

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Wehrmann precision pep sight for ANY Swedish Mauser... 

Post Wehrmann precision pep sight for ANY Swedish Mauser...
...or K98, for that matter. A pal of mine from the club over here went to the Bisley Trafalgar Meeting last week, where he found me a Wehrmann precision peep-sight for my recently-acquired m/96-38 Carl Gustaf rifle.

Quite simply, it is a precision sight used to improve the chances of me hitting anything with the rather basic sights on the CG - any CG - and simply attaches to the gun using an extended version of the take-down latch screw. You simply take out the old screw, place the Wehrmann sight in position on the latch and secure it with the new screw.

That's all there is to it.

No drilling and tapping,therefore no modifications of any kind to an original gun.

I'm sending some pics to a few pals here to post for me, if they would be so kind, then you can all see what it looks like.

The German company Wehrmann made a series of accessories for the sporting shooters of the K98-series rifle and their civilian counterparts in competitive target shooting. This element of shooting was far more prevalent in Sweden, which had and still has the FSA - Civilian Marksmanship Association. After 1933, when this sight first appeared, things got a mite difficult in Germany for the ownership of private firearsm due in the main to the efforts of the late Mr Hitler and his rather undemocratic policies. There was, of course, no such person in Sweden, and the FSA thrived in response to the possibilities of 'problems of an international nature' emanating from their large and powerful neighbout to the south. This is the reason that you will still see many CG converted into target rifles for the civilian marksmanship organisation, with m/96 or m/38rifles fitted with precision diopter backsights from Elit or Soderin or any of the many other makes.

I'm not going to post the price that this rare gem cost me, in case mrs tac is looking. Suffice it to say that such rarity and precision in combination are not cheap - I'll PM the details if anybody is REALLY interested, but just remember that not only is this the first one I've ever seen - apart from my pal's - but none of the usual experts on Swedish arms have seen one either.

tac

28 Oct 2012 16:07
Site Admin

Post Re: Wehrmann precision pep sight for ANY Swedish Mauser...
Here you go Tac, nice bit of kit.

Attachment:
amt98DD.tmp.jpg
amt98DD.tmp.jpg [ 53.87 KiB | Viewed 5820 times ]

Attachment:
amtD6B6.tmp.jpg
amtD6B6.tmp.jpg [ 97.36 KiB | Viewed 5820 times ]

Sikamick

30 Oct 2012 15:08

Post Re: Wehrmann precision peep sight for ANY Swedish Mauser...
Thanks, Mick, that looks just sooooooooo nice that I'd buy it again... ;)

Best

tac

30 Oct 2012 16:48
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]