View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 20 Aug 2019 03:15
You are visiting from

Forum rules

Notice: Post topics with comments here should include some kind of detailed text, supplemented by photos, UTube / links added only if necessary to support your text. Post in General Discussions otherwise. Post and comments can be transferred or deleted! Your corporation is is most appreciated to help maintain this archive areas of the site!

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Accurate Shooter.com 
Site Admin

Post Accurate Shooter.com
Top ranking target rifle shooting website.
http://www.accurateshooter.com/

03 May 2012 16:37
Site Admin

Post Re: Accurate Shooter.com
Olympic Uk pistol shooting team make do with electronic trainers when not training abroad in France and Belgium (N.Ireland ?)

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/uk/

Quote:
Report by Darrel Evans - 600 yard record score. 1.8″ at 600
Just thought that you all might like to know how I have been getting on with my Accuracy International AW chambered in 6.5×47 Lapua. To make a long story short, I broke three UK records: smallest group of the day — 1.8″ at 600; smallest Agg for the day — 2.8″; and smallest Agg for the Light Gun class — 2.8″. All these records can be viewed on the UKBRA and TargetShooter websites.

03 May 2012 16:44
Site Admin

In our General posting area we covered this article last year before the site went down loosing material. An article by Germán A. Salazar obtaining the most from the veteran springfield 30-06 cartridge with his Eliseo tube rifle.
Eliseo tube rifles built on INCH actions should further improve the 30-06 performance.

Attachment:
rt10pix07.jpg
rt10pix07.jpg [ 103.71 KiB | Viewed 11276 times ]

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek091.html

Quote:
Eliseo RT10 30-06 Long Range Rifle
Mention the 30-06 at a High Power match these days and most people will think you're talking about vintage rifles used in the Civilian Marksmanship Program's Springfield and M1 Garand matches. However, those of us who cut our teeth in High Power when the 30 caliber was the only choice and who shot an M1 Garand for our Distinguished badges, know that the old warhorse 30-06 is plenty accurate. Plus, today's new bullets, such as the Berger 175gr, 185gr and 210gr offerings, bring America's favorite 20th Century cartridge comfortably into the 21st Century. When you put that great old cartridge into a rifle as modern as the new Eliseo RT10 Tubegun, you have a perfect melding of the old and the new -- a rugged, reliable rifle that can withstand extreme temperature changes or rough handling

Configuring the Eliseo Tubegun Stock
Germán A. Salazar,
http://www.accurateshooter.com/stocks/c ... gun-stock/

Attachment:
salazartubefit00.jpg
salazartubefit00.jpg [ 23.65 KiB | Viewed 11276 times ]

11 Aug 2012 11:46

Blackadder wrote:
Olympic Uk pistol shooting team make do with electronic trainers when not training abroad in France and Belgium (N.Ireland ?)

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/uk/

Quote:
Report by Darrel Evans - 600 yard record score. 1.8″ at 600
Just thought that you all might like to know how I have been getting on with my Accuracy International AW chambered in 6.5×47 Lapua. To make a long story short, I broke three UK records: smallest group of the day — 1.8″ at 600; smallest Agg for the day — 2.8″; and smallest Agg for the Light Gun class — 2.8″. All these records can be viewed on the UKBRA and TargetShooter websites.

Wondrous shooting there by Darrel Evans and congratulations on such fantastic shooting.

As for British pistol shooters training in on the continent, there is, of course, absolutely no need at all for them to go further than Northern Ireland, the only part of the United Kindgom where REAL handgun shooting is not only allowed, but actively encouraged by the many fine clubs located there.

I was ecstatic when the Northern Irish government of the day told the knee-jerk buttwipes in Westminster to go pound sand back in the late '90s, after a Scottish chief constable, against the advice of his own officers, allowed the mass murderer Hamilton to retain his handguns. Nobody thought to ask why a man who was not a club member suddenly bought 2500 rounds of ammunition in a very short time - part of which he then used to slaughter sixteen first-grade children and their teacher in Dunblane.

It had been the same back in 1987, when Michael Ryan, a known nutter, was allowed by the police to keep his guns and commit the Hungerford massacre, and later, in 2010, when Derek Bird, another non-club member and known to nobody as a shooter, slaughtered twelve innocent people before blowing his own head off.

All three relied on the police to continue to authorise their possession of firearms - at no time was any other member of the public, let alone a shooting club, involved in telling the police that they would be making a terrible mistake by allowing these persons to retain their firearms.

tac, rant over.

Last edited by tac on 13 Aug 2012 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

13 Aug 2012 14:21

Addendum to Tacs rant.

Why are the reports to all of these massacres covered by the 100 year rule? Could it be the Police shot some of the children etc in the cross fire?

These reports need to be in the open. If a court case had happened that would have been an open forum!
Don't trust Uk inquests because they are all bent! The Coroner decides what evidence can be heard.
It MIGHT be the case there was no need to ban hand guns and auto rifles from the FAC licenced public. These three criminals might have just been mad.

In the middle of the worst recession for years the shooting sports should be encouraged to provide emplyment etc etc etc and to gather taxes..

Kind regards, Lester

13 Aug 2012 16:29

Darrel Evans rang me tonight, he is a very nice chap and I have told him about the forum, I will mail him a link as well so he knows where to find it.

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

13 Aug 2012 21:54
Profile WWW

Ovenpaa wrote:
Darrel Evans rang me tonight, he is a very nice chap and I have told him about the forum, I will mail him a link as well so he knows where to find it.

You might also like to consider posting on boards.ie, where there is an extensive following in long-range target shooting using modern firearms, as Ireland hosted the recent International Creedmore Match at the Midlands National Shooting Centre at Tullaghmore.

BTW, do you ever read your PMs?

Best

tac

14 Aug 2012 09:36

LesterH wrote:
Addendum to Tacs rant.

Why are the reports to all of these massacres covered by the 100 year rule? Could it be the Police shot some of the children etc in the cross fire?

What crossfire was that, Lester?

At Dunblane the police didn't arrive until it was all over and Hamilton was safely dead, allegedly by his own hand.

Read the book - 'Dunblane Unburied' by Sandra Uttley.

Best

tac

14 Aug 2012 09:38

tac wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:

You might also like to consider posting on boards.ie, where there is an extensive following in long-range target shooting using modern firearms, as Ireland hosted the recent International Creedmore Match at the Midlands National Shooting Centre at Tullaghmore.

BTW, do you ever read your PMs?

Best

tac
I think I am a member of the boards.ie and certainly know a few, in fact I have a few customers both private and RFD's in the North and South. I will take a look again.

Yes I check my PM's and have a few from Blackadder but that is all.

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

14 Aug 2012 12:04
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Tubb 2000 designed in conjunction with Canadian David Tubb.
See Creedmoore Sports for price in Dollars

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek016.html
http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/Tub ... Rifle.html

16 Aug 2012 15:03
Site Admin

Iron sights- scope free zone.
Contains an article on diopter(glasses) devices aid for older eyes and micro sight, towards the end of page!
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/iron-sights/

Designed for AR systems in 'open' service rifle/match competitions ( AR15 & M1a/M14) the Micro Sight, can be inserted to the AR's rear sight or transfered into an approved hood size, adapted for older SR rifles, such as the M1 Garand & 1903 springfield.

The pictures shows the M1 Garand with AR 15 approved hood with aperture insert. Different disdances may need different size apertures!

Attachments:
eldzef.jpg
eldzef.jpg [ 29.36 KiB | Viewed 11130 times ]
2mg5phu.jpg
2mg5phu.jpg [ 35.07 KiB | Viewed 11130 times ]
19 Sep 2012 13:29
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]