View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 15 Dec 2019 10:03
You are visiting from

Forum rules

Notice: Post topics with comments here should include some kind of detailed text, supplemented by photos, UTube / links added only if necessary to support your text. Post in General Discussions otherwise. Post and comments can be transferred or deleted! Your corporation is is most appreciated to help maintain this archive areas of the site!

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Open Class 
Site Admin

Post Open Class
Blackadder wrote:
For some unknown reason in the South of Ireland, target rifle in general, appears concentrate on two types of rifle disiplins in particular..
Benchrest: first offical match was held at Johnstown, New York State, USA in 1947. F Class: first offical match in Canada 1989.
On the other hand Prone target rifle shooting, dates from the latter part of the 19th century and the International matches held at Bisley and Creedmoor USA.
Littery thousands around the world take part in some type of 3 position shooting. Prone position with perhaps the largest interest at National and International level in competitions for TR & SR disiplins.

I am thinking about getting involved in the Target Rifle discipline. Have been looking at the aforementioned site and looking at kit. I have a sling and Jacket, so Just really need the rifle and sights ;) . This would interest me far more than FTR or F-Class. Maybe when my eyesight is fecked, I might do this. The thing is, would I be in a very small pool of shooters doing this? I was in a very small pool with the olympic pistol discipline. :(

04 Feb 2013 17:49
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re:Open Class
"1903 National Match Springfield"

Seeing as you have the sling and jacket, go the whole hog and try 'open class' with target sights (National Match style target shooting.
Top off with $40 ebay, set of early Steel Layman front and rear receiver peep sight/early Redfield 70 sight.
Modern Williams sight -5D-03/A3 Receiver Peep Sight Springfield 1903A3 aprox the same- $40
Attachment:
664750.jpg
664750.jpg [ 111.49 KiB | Viewed 7419 times ]

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw=sp ... +gun+parts

Attachment:
DSC00226.jpg
DSC00226.jpg [ 38.88 KiB | Viewed 7419 times ]

04 Feb 2013 19:07
Site Admin

Post Re:Open Class
kryten wrote:
I am thinking about getting involved in the Target Rifle discipline. Have been looking at the aforementioned site and looking at kit. I have a sling and Jacket, I was in a very small pool with the olympic pistol discipline. :(

Bring your Jacket and target Sling and try 'open class' vintage rifle, at our next competition?

05 Feb 2013 18:08
Site Admin

Post Re: Open Class
Will do.

06 Feb 2013 12:53
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Getting ready for Sunday

Installed the Parker hale 5C and front FS22 aperture. Took the rifle out to check zero. First round hit 4mins high and 3mins left. Adjusted the sight. Next round 10x. Next round, right beside it. Next 5 walking all over the black.
Packed up and figured it was just me, flinching or something. Checked the rifle later. The FS22 was loose in the dovetail. Bugger. I will need to resolder it back I place. So back on with the issues sights. Glad I checked it

03 Oct 2013 21:17
Profile WWW

Comps are won & lost in the preparation alright ;)

Always nice to find out it's not the shooter I reckon.................easier to fix the rifle ...................... most of the time I find :D

03 Oct 2013 21:54
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]