View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 20 May 2019 14:47
You are visiting from

Forum rules

NOTICE: Access to use the complete VCRAI forum requires registration to the site.To view Vintage & Classic Rifles / Pistols / Tips and any other new subject matter added at some later stage, you must be a fully signed up member. Posts and Comments can be transferred or deleted! Views expressed in this forum are those of the registered forum user. The VCRAI holds no responsibility for these views. All welcome.

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Irish shooters and their interest in shooting sports 
Site Admin

Post Irish shooters and their interest in shooting sports
To all that look into this website we thank you and appreciate, to all those that are registered and are members, we cannot understand why you don't comment and add to the information that is on the website. Your sport. Use it or loose it, your choice.Loose your chance to speak on the forum.

01 Sep 2016 00:06

Post Re: Irish shooters and their interest in shooting sports
Mick your post is dated September 1st it is now October 26st and this is your first reply WE are doing something wrong and I stress WE because I am with you on the ethos of the VCRAI but we all need to change what we are doing or not doing to advance that ethos. This year we missed a very big opportunity to expand the interest in vintage firearms. We either start meeting again or shut up shop and call it a day. I am a strong believer in people on the ground talking firearms not over the net.

Townlander

26 Oct 2016 16:42

All post and replys re the vcrai should be made here not on other forums.

Townlander

27 Oct 2016 06:58
Site Admin

Excuse me for asking sir. Are you sending a general order or posting an advisory message in the form of a command to refrain from visiting other shooting fora.
In all seriousness that request is almost certainly destined to fall on deaf ears with regard to their personal freedoms of expression enshrined in the constitution and to expect them adherence for such a tall order. A most bizarre request.....

27 Oct 2016 18:37
Site Admin

Post Bigits ,arsholes and dickheads .
Unfortunately this is where the mutton heads come from, the know it all's, the want to be's, they that know nothing but control OUR SPORT.

04 Nov 2018 03:20
Site Admin

Post IRISH SHOOTING SPORTS, living or dying.
Dying because of the greed of the hungry bastards, that only want to make money out of our sport.

04 Nov 2018 03:26
Site Admin

This WEB SITE IS DYING: Not because of the few of us that use it but because of the many that look and say nothing and I am talking world wide viewers.

04 Nov 2018 03:45

Post Re: IRISH SHOOTING SPORTS, living or dying.
**Rant**

Generally it's dying.

I've given up competitive classic rifle on some ranges because of blatant & persistent cheating & general bolloxing by a minority.

**Rant over**

Harbour House have just begun a Classic League & it is being run properly with rules published & stuck to.

At this stage I generally just go to the range for a few shots and a chat with like minded people.

07 Nov 2018 23:38
Site Admin

Bunny the sport is dying and I mean the shooting sport of Target Shooting ( Game shooters are still out there in numbers ) Enjoying it ? (why). Target shooting has a small few people that think it's theirs and they will run it. Re Vintage / Classic shooting, it doesn't take a lot of effort to arrange a get together, there's this website, contact friends phone numbers, or e-mail list of friends that are interested in OUR sport (Vintage and Classic rifle shooting). There is still a group of us that get together and shoot OUR competitions on "Official Ranges".

18 Nov 2018 01:47

Game shooting is f**ked in my area. Ditches/cover bulldozed, wet/boggy land drained & lots of land closed :(

I like to shoot at a few clays only for that I'd sell the shotgun :(

Been too long since we had a meet up & a chat a chara ;)

18 Nov 2018 09:54
Site Admin

John in your answer you don't comment about target shooting. John a load of crap your speaking about game shooting, it is thriving. Target shooting is dying because no young people are been brought into the sport and the !!!! I want to say this BUT the L t t e H t e s and clunts that want to make money out of the sport block everything. We could go over and over this, at the end of the day, the older people in the target shooting sport must shit or get off the pot. And then it will definitely die. John no disrespect to you in the above but I'm doing my shooting and enjoying it.

21 Nov 2018 03:29
Site Admin

John I am just listening to this song and I now play it for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqS6LoBa_nQ Please, listen to all the words. Love you friend, Best wishes to you and family.

21 Nov 2018 03:44

Sikamick wrote:
John in your answer you don't comment about target shooting.

I mentioned it in my original post above ....... not going to say much more as we both knows what going on & what's wrong ;)

Sikamick wrote:
John a load of crap your speaking about game shooting,

:D

No, I'm not :lol: It might be OK in your area but not in mine :(

Sikamick wrote:
it is thriving.

As I said, not where I am, unfortunately.

Sikamick wrote:
Target shooting is dying because no young people are been brought into the sport and the !!!! I want to say this BUT the L t t e H t e s and clunts that want to make money out of the sport block everything. We could go over and over this, at the end of the day,

+1

Sikamick wrote:
the older people in the target shooting sport must shit or get off the pot. And then it will definitely die.

Too many "old farts", & I include myself in that group, have tired & been shit on, including yourself, & now can't be bothered anymore.

Sikamick wrote:
John no disrespect to you in the above but I'm doing my shooting and enjoying it.

None taken 8-) Same as myself doing my shooting, enjoying it & hoping I can continue for along time more

21 Nov 2018 10:35

Sikamick wrote:
.. Love you friend, Best wishes to you and family.

No matter what disagreements we had we always shook hands & had a laugh afterwards 8-)

Best wishes to you & yours too ;)

21 Nov 2018 10:40
Site Admin

Re: Irish shooters and their interest in shooting sports
:lol: :lol: 8-)

21 Nov 2018 23:59

Tac here, after an absence brought on by a mega-hacking that needed a new computer to fix.

I've been reading every post on boards.ie that mentions our site, or the people who write on it and contribute in so many areas of it.....and it doesn't make happy reading.

I've read that the VCRAI is dead in the water, that it's a 'used to be there but now it's gone' site of has-beens.

The fact that we are still here, albeit in reduced numbers, makes this a lie.

Sure, you can say, WTF do YOU know, living almost five or six thousand miles away for most of the time. The miles between us means nothing on the internet, as we all know, and as long as I can press a key, I'll be supporting the aims and aspirations of the original concept - to further the shooting of classic older mostly ex-military rifles and carbines in the Republic of Ireland, and in the part of the UK to the North.

It's over eleven years since the VCRAI was set up, and in spite of many difficulties being put in the way, some of them admittedly insurmountable, we've managed to get some shooting done. If we end up as a bunch of people shooting on different ranges that allow our kind of firearms, rather than having our 'own' range, that's as may be. Here in yUK the Vintage Arms Association doesn't have a dedicated range, but members wear their VAA patch with a certain degree of pride no matter where they are shooting. Remember that we are an Association, not a club - we are not tied down to any specific location.

This site is our sounding board - our means of communication when we have gone our separate ways after one of the increasingly rare formal shoots. As ever, it is down to us to keep it alive, and by doing do, keep the VCRAI alive.

Over to you.

04 Apr 2019 18:26

Let us take a moment to appreciate entitlement nerds are attracted to u and your money :mrgreen:

07 Apr 2019 20:47

Post Re: Bigits ,arsholes and dickheads .
Sikamick wrote:
Unfortunately this is where the mutton heads come from, the know it all's, the want to be's, they that know nothing but control OUR SPORT.

Oldest con trick in town when it comes to these lads finding they outlive their usefulness and then tossed aside along the way. The business heads in charge suck you in and then spit you out as fast, no matter how long you've been a part of their sport

12 May 2019 12:17

Post Re: Bigits ,arsholes and dickheads .
IN THE BULL wrote:
heads in charge suck you in and then spit you out as fast,

pause it there sunshine, don't bet on the fat cigar brigade being faster at pullin a pair of celtic lovin gevelsberg girls on one pour german guinness :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://youtu.be/c2bEwZR7g1Y
https://www.paddyhats.com/home

12 May 2019 16:57
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]