View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 21 Oct 2019 10:13
You are visiting from

Forum rules

NOTICE: Access to use the complete VCRAI forum requires registration to the site.To view Vintage & Classic Rifles / Pistols / Tips and any other new subject matter added at some later stage, you must be a fully signed up member. Posts and Comments can be transferred or deleted! Views expressed in this forum are those of the registered forum user. The VCRAI holds no responsibility for these views. All welcome.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Irish to UK visit and shoot... 

Post Irish to UK visit and shoot...
Looking forward to seeing some Irish friends over here in a week or so. Old pal Sikamick and a couple of his fellow shooters from the VCRAI will be coming to our SATURDAY 10TH AUGUST guest day, and I hopefully get some trigger time with stuff they don't usually get to shoot in the RoI.

We'll no doubt be making some short movies for Youtube that may or may not be worth watching, depending on your point of view.

Watch this space - probably.

27 Jul 2019 09:59
Site Admin

Post Re: Irish to UK visit and shoot...
Break out the popcorn when the movies go live?

30 Jul 2019 21:38

Well, they came, they saw, they had a great time. Two members of the VCRAI and an old pal came over/up to see me for a long weekend of shooting, visiting a local gun store and the Imperial War Museum at Duxford where we watched the 'Sally B', a WW2 Boeing B17G Flying Fortress do its stuff.

Many tales were told, many things remembered and laffed about, and a good few whinges, too, but that's all good.

You can see them in action on Youtube - just click on tac's guns VCRAI and you'll find a slack handful of short videos of them in action, hitting and missing, just like the rest of us do, and shooting black powder handguns and rifles, something that has been forgotten about in the Republic, more's the pity.

I have no doubt they'll be back, and I, for one, can't wait.

To my guests, my deepest heartfelt thanks for making some great memories.

12 Aug 2019 19:55
Site Admin

I would like to say a special thanks on behalf of myself, Mick and Dave to Tac and his wife (Gay) for their hospitality and care in looking after us while in the UK.

Also a special thanks to Tac and his club (Oundle Rifle and Pistol club), we had a great time. Looking forward to the next time.

14 Aug 2019 19:29

You are more than welcome!! We had a great time, eh? Might convince a few others to make the trip sometime - who knows?

15 Aug 2019 13:32
Site Admin

bump

05 Sep 2019 23:45
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]