View unanswered posts | View active topics Use Active Topics to see the latest post to this Forum, Just Register on the forum and login in to leave comments and opinions. It is currently 08 May 2021 07:21
You are visiting from

Forum rules

NOTICE: Access to use the complete VCRAI forum requires registration to the site.To view Vintage & Classic Rifles / Pistols / Tips and any other new subject matter added at some later stage, you must be a fully signed up member. Posts and Comments can be transferred or deleted! Views expressed in this forum are those of the registered forum user. The VCRAI holds no responsibility for these views. All welcome.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
It has been a while... 

Post It has been a while...
and a lot has happened, one way or another.

Covid-19 has done what many successive governments both in Ireland and UK had failed to do - we are prevented from carrying out even the most basic continuation training of our chosen sport, unless, of course, there is space indoors in a garage for an air gun of some kind. Perhaps I've got it wrong, and even THAT small boon is prohibited in the Republic, so forgive me if I have it wrong there.

Here in UK, just like where you are, all our ranges are closed. I've seen just one exception, and how they get around that is a matter of some conjecture, with all kinds of decontamination measures in place. Our club, with two ranges - one indoors and another out, is closed for the foreseeable future...

As a three-times-a-week shooter I feel this keenly, as does anybody who values their freedoms to carry out their sport, or even walk the fields. Pest controllers here are exempt, especially with lambing almost upon us - you can be sure that the foxes pay no attention to the covid-rules.

All I want to say, to all of you, is find some way, even if it's only dry-firing, to keep your skills up until our ranges open again, and we can once again enjoy the sport we love.

Take care all there, from us over here

tac

11 Feb 2021 15:21
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]